The Jewish Community Federation Israel Experience Fund provides need-based scholarships for Jewish teens in grades 8-12 who live in the Federation Service Area to travel on an organized teen trip to Israel for the first time. Starting in November, ALL scholarship information and online applications will be found on JCF’s new website (www.jewishfed.org). Until then, here’s a little bit more information about the scholarship requirements, eligible Israel trips and deadlines :
- Teens in grades 8-12 participating in their first organized teen trip to Israel may apply. Applicants may have previously traveled to Israel with family or with a community/synagogue tour, but NOT an organized teen trip
- Applicants must live or attend school in the Federation Service Area of Sonoma and Marin Counties, San Francisco and the Peninsula: Sunnyvale and north
- Teens must be Jewish (as identified by their families)
- Scholarship funds are to be used strictly for program fees and travel
Eligible Israel Trips:
- Let’s Go Israel!
- Diller Teen Fellows Summer Seminar
- March of the Living
- Jewish Day School Trips to Israel
- High School Study in Israel
- Other Israel trips considered on a case-by-case basis
Deadline: April 1, 2011 for summer trips or 12 weeks prior to departure for other programs
We’ll be sure to let you know when JCF’s Financial Aid site is live in November.
Can’t wait until then? Contact JCF’s Wendy Verba at WendyV@sfjcf.org
Scholarship funds are provided by generous grants from the Stephanie Praszker Memorial Fund, the William S. Friedman Scholarship Fund for Teen Trips to Israel, and other funds administered by the Jewish Community Federation